What gel to use?

Ke

Sep 29, 2007
Toronto
I need to lower my water to change a LED bulb, the lens is a screw-on type with a gasket, I remember there is a gel I need to apply on the gasket for water-proofing, does anyone know what I should use? Thanks.

I believe you are talking about a silicone or teflon based lubricant for pool use such as MagicLube (teflon) or MagicLube II (silicone). These are what are commonly applied to o-rings, gaskets, etc to protect the rubber and make a good seal.

Well if you have an LED and it is burned out there's no bulb to replace. You have to replace the entire unit. This also entails pulling the old wiring as the whip is hardwired to the fixture. I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself unless you're comfortable with pulling wiring through a conduit (not as easy as it sounds!)

You want a speciality product made for pool use like I suggested above. I would not use the loctite product. You can get a suitable product from your local pool supply or from an online supplier.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.