Newbie Here From AZ---Pool Prime Problem

Jun 27, 2012
Hey guys and gals, been lurking for a while but it was time to post. Love the site and all the info. So I'm having an issue. Pool is about 5 yrs old.

So my motor bearings and parts of the pump went out. Took both in to get repaired. They replaced bearings, impeller, etc. Went home hooked everything back up the same way. Pump turns on fine. I fill the basket full of water with the hose and put lid on. I turn the pump on and it just sucks the water out of the basket and then thats it. Its like I will have my son on the other end of the suction hose where the cleaner is and he says it pulls hard for one second then dies off. So it must be getting air in it. I messed with this Dang thing for 3 hours yesterday afternoon in 110 weaher with no luck. I tried filling the basket with water with the valves on the just the drain, then just the hose, both and everythime nada. It has to be sucking in air. Not sure, anyone have this issue before.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• pool pump.JPG
    pool pump.JPG
    433.7 KB · Views: 62
Welcome to TFP.

What type pool is it?
Can you post a pic of the entire equipment pad?

Clean and lube the pump basket o-ring.
Remove and reseal the drain plugs.
If that doesn't work, run water over the suction plumbing and pump basket while trying to priime it and see if that helps.

well i had no luck again getting this started. I noticed some drips coming from a connectins on the intake end. I unscrewed the connection and noticed that there was no gasket. I called The Pump Co. up and told them whats going on they saiyd come on down and get it. Too bad they closed 10 min after i called them and i'm 45 away. He said there is no way to get it primed without that seal, its sucking in air. So if i dont get this going tomorrow i'm SOL cause my pool is gonna turn green. Im pretty ******. They need to pay attention to there work. My pump had a seal when i took it down. Anyways. Well see how tomorrow goes. Picture is attached where the seal should attach.

Attachments

• photo (10).JPG
    photo (10).JPG
    360.1 KB · Views: 41
  • photo (11).JPG
    photo (11).JPG
    508.5 KB · Views: 41
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.