converting to a salt water system with a heater/metal parts

Feb 25, 2011
Dallas Texas
I am considering converting my fresh water pool to a salt water pool...One thing I am concerned about is corrosion of metal parts...I have a heater that heats the water in our jacuzzi as well as the pool.....

A check valve installed on the inlet line to the heater is supposed to prevent salt from entering the heater..

If I did not have a heater I would not be concerned but having a heater well what do you think...?????????

Advice? TIA

Re: converting to a salt water system with a heater/metal pa

I'm a little confused, if the pool water runs through the heater it will always have salt in it, and conversely if you have a check valve before the heater nothing would work.

It's sometimes advisable to have a check valve between the heater and SWCG (which should always be installed after the heater), to prevent heavily chlorinated water from backing into the heater when the pump is off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.