Aquarite Cell Has No Power

Jun 26, 2012
Hello all,
I have an Aquarite SWG and the cell has no power. I ordered and replaced the main board. Unfortunately, that did not work. I have been reading through this forum and saw that most of the causes related to no power to the cell is a problem with the board. The voltage is showing 14.2 and Im pretty sure its supposed to he around twice that.

Since this is a brand new board, what else should I be looking for? When I power on the unit the no flow light flashes for around 30-45 seconds, then the generating light comes on for about 5 seconds then goes off, then no lights are on. The power light never comes on.

Any ideas besides the board?

Sounds a lot like the issue I had with a wire leading to/from the fuse.
aqua-rite-no-power-wasn-t-cl-or-k1-relay-t47305.html

The plastic connector was burnt as was the copper wire where it entered the female part of the connector (the part the wire was connected to). It was not burnt thru, just enough were it didn't make good contact I guess? I replaced the connector and all is well.

CLB

CLB, your symptoms are classic bad circuit board. The likely hood that your new board is bad is very low but not impossible. Double check your wiring. Maker sure you know the voltage coming into the unit (120v/240v). If the board is set up for 220v and you have it connected to 120v it won't work properly. The factory setting is for 220v, you can change the voltage setting by following the wiring diagram on the inside door of the control box. Also double check the wiring between the transformer, rectifiers and main circuit board to assure that you connected all the wires properly. Keep in mind if you are color blind you may want to get someone who can see colors to help you with this task. If all wiring is correct and the unit still does not function, I recommend you contact the company you purchased the board from about exchanging it for a new board.

Best of luck to you.

The Guru of Pools,

Jim Garrison

GuruOfPools said:
CLB, your symptoms are classic bad circuit board. The likely hood that your new board is bad is very low but not impossible. Double check your wiring. Maker sure you know the voltage coming into the unit (120v/240v). If the board is set up for 220v and you have it connected to 120v it won't work properly. The factory setting is for 220v, you can change the voltage setting by following the wiring diagram on the inside door of the control box. Also double check the wiring between the transformer, rectifiers and main circuit board to assure that you connected all the wires properly. Keep in mind if you are color blind you may want to get someone who can see colors to help you with this task. If all wiring is correct and the unit still does not function, I recommend you contact the company you purchased the board from about exchanging it for a new board.

Best of luck to you.

The Guru of Pools,

Jim Garrison

Jim,

My system is working now after replacing the connector. Are you saying that I may have a bad board and that's what caused the burnt wire at the fuse connection? Or are you saying the OP may have a main board issue?

CLB

GuruOfPools said:

Best of luck to you.

The Guru of Pools,

Jim Garrison

Great, I did not even check on 110v vs 220v. I will go out there and check that right now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.