Pool Bid Help - Orlando, FL (First Post)

Juniorlxa

LifeTime Supporter
May 14, 2012
Orlando, FL
This is my very first post to TFP, but I can say that I've used the site countless times for research that has proved valuable in the multiple meetings I've attended with PBs. For that reason, I donated to be a TFP Lifetime Supporter (although I don't think my plaque has showed up yet). Keep up the good work and look forward to some good feedback to my post.

Having said that, below is a quote from the 2nd PB I've spoken to. Please review and let me know if the quote sounds reasonable for the area/features. Looking for any and all feedback, not just on price, but also validity of equipment list and any areas to pay special attention to or ask questions about (plumbing size, runs, valves, returns, drains, etc).

**PB 2 Bid - $70,000**

1. 32.5 X 17 FT FREE-FORM POOL, 3 - 6.5 FT DEEP GUNITE SHELL (LIFETIME WARANTY) WITH ENGINEERED STEEL REINFORCED THROUGHOUT (462 SQ FT AND ABOUT 18,000 GALLONS)

2. 7 FT WIDE SPA, 4 THERAPY JETS, TWO FOOT JETS AND BLOWER

3. STACKED STONE AROUND THE SPA

4. PENTAIR MAXTEMP 400,000 BTU PROPANE HEATER (P/N 470737)

5. 3 FT WIDE FIRE PIT WITH BRICKS AND BURNER (NEVER SPECIFIED BURNER TYPE OR BTU OUTPUT)

6. EXTENDED BENCH AROUND FIRE PIT

7. SUNSHELF (10' LONG X 5.5' WIDE)

8. THREE FOUNTAIN BUBBLERS IN SUNSHELF

9. PENTAIR EASYTOUCH 4 AUTOMATION AND WIRELESS REMOTE CONTROL W/ IC40 SWG (P/N 520543)

10. PENTAIR PC INTERFACE (P/N 520500)

11. PENTAIR SCREENLOGIC2 WIRELESS CONNECTION KIT (P/N 520639)

12. SWIM OUT

13. DEDICATED VAC LINE WITH VALVE

14. DECK O DRAIN

15. PENTAIR INTELLIFLO VARIABLE SPEED PUMP (P/N 011018)

16. PENTAIR CLEAN AND CLEAR RP 200 (P/N 160353)

17. PENTAIR INTELLIBRITE LED LIGHT (1 POOL AND 1 SPA) -- NEVER SPECIFIED P/N

18. PENTAIR SPA COMMAND (P/N 521178) AND MUDBOX (P/N 521180)

19. RAISED DECK, POOL/SPA COPING AND STEPS COVERED WITH FLAGSTONE -- **I'M RETHINKING THIS AFTER READING ABOUT THE HAZARDOUS EFFECTS OF SALT AND POROUS STONE LIKE FLAGSTONE (ANY THOUGHTS?)

20. 1597 SF SCREEN ENCLOSURE WITH TWO DOORS (DOME SHAPED)

21. BRICK PAVER DECK WITH FLAGSTONE COPING AROUND POOL AND SPA (INCLUDES OVERLAY EXISTING COVERED PORCH)

22. PEBBLE FINISH -- WET EDGE PEARL MATRIX, COLOR: CHILEAN BEACH TAHOE

23. CHILD SAFETY FENCE

24. WATERLINE TILE AROUND THE POOL, SPA

25. SKIMMER -- **DOESN'T SPECIFY HOW MANY OR WHERE LOCATED

26. ANTI-VORTEX MAIN DRAIN -- **DOESN'T SPECIFY HOW MANY OR WHERE LOCATED

27. POOL SCHOOL

28. PERMIT FEES AND TAXES

29. ENERGY SAVING TIME CLOCK -- **NOT SURE IF THIS IS NEEDED WITH VS PUMP AND AUTOMATION

30. MAINTENANCE TOOL KIT
****END PB 2 BID****

Is this a good price? Would I be getting ripped off if I signed a contract for this price? Is this the right brand/size equipment for my pool? Any other pertinent questions I should be asking? Any info or help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance to all who reply and look forward to learning a ton during this session!

Attachments

• Aerial View.jpg
    Aerial View.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 158
  • Front View.jpg
    Front View.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 158
The screen enclosure is bringing the price up. That is a fairly expensive addition. Given that, the price is reasonable, though not amazing.

If possible, get a larger filter. Larger filters are slightly more efficient and can go longer between cleanings.

The main drain will almost certainly be a standard dual main drain.

You are correct that the time clock makes no sense given the automation system.

Jason,

Sorry, resubmitted post when I realized I left the PB name on the Pool Studio drawing--my apologies!

Saw the price breakout sheet briefly and it looked like screen enclosure was just a shade under $10K.

What filter size would you recommend from Pentair? Something from the Clean and Clear Plus line? Is 200 sq ft not big enough for a pool of my size?

Should I be on the lookout for any particular size piping (2" vs. 2.5"), etc? I forgot to mention that I will be adding Solar Heating via another company after the build. Will that affect the size of the piping/pump/filter I need?

Lastly, any input on a flagstone coping with Salt Water?

Thanks again for all the help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.