Deep ends and AGP's

Glock

Jun 3, 2012
Mesquite, Texas
My family and I got into a discussion today about our options. Does anyone here have a deep end in an above ground pool that is not traditional 4 feet on one side and 7ft on the other?

We were talking about 4 feet on the ends and 5 feet in the middle to make the entire pool usable to all members of our house. Or, 5 feet all the way.
Obviously there would be no diving but there really ins't any in an above ground pool anyway. I just don't wan't a deep end that will only be used a small portion of the time that the pool is being used. I bought an 18x34 for its size. I don't want everyone congregating on the shallow end.

So, what do you have? any ideas? Install pics?

Glock said:
barnyard,
Does yours have the 4 foot deep 3 foot wide ring along the outter wall and deepen to 5 ft towards the center after that?

Hi Glock,
I did mine like this. I have a 21' round with 32" flat around the inside wall and went 68" deep (4" just shy of 6') in the center. I used a 72" expandable liner. I went buried 14" inground.
I love it! If I had to do it all over again I would make the slope more severe and go all the way to 6' feet deep with a flatter center, might be harder to set the liner, but I would try!
I do have a few wrinkles, my crew that Sherri promoted got in too big of a hurry while I was still at work and had the pool dip filled before I got home and scolded them all!
I would try and use some kind of roller also to smooth the sand bottom more, I tamped it with one I bought at Home Depot.

Here's some of my pic's in this post:
one-fool-s-others-method-for-doing-a-round-agp-deep-end-t41164.html

I'll post a couple more pic's in that post this weekend now that it's up!

Chuck

Here is what I am wanting to do. I hope it can be done.
pool19.png

I would plan to radius your corners of the deep end more. The way you have it drawn will make it more difficult to keep wrinkle free when the liner stretches into place (unless you get a custom liner). Also, I might think about a more shallow entry from at least one of the shallow ends, maybe both.

Yes, but still leave some more shallow area on the ends. This brings up a good point though, why not put the deep end on one end so that you have a good portion of both? Also, I would go deeper than 5 ft since that is where the fun swimming really comes in. I went with 6, but at the point I redo my liner, I may go even deeper (though it will be tricky with my small pool).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah...though I would go 6 :mrgreen:

Much more efficient areas then...nice large shallow end. I am not a big fan of these sport pools with the middle being deep...but most of those are bigger than your pool when they do that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.