Building New Pool in Arizona

csnv

Jun 26, 2012
Hi everyone, I'm new here. I'd like to log my pool building journey here with you guys. My wife and I have decided to put in a decent size pool in our backyard (which is all dirt right now)... I've started with a design (which i will share in next post or so, just under 30k gallon, approx 50'x20', 3' to 4.5' across the width of the pool) and have started to collect subs. I'm always looking for advice, so if you do have any, please don't hesitate. I'll definitely be thankful for it... First up is a decision of where to place my pool equipment:
1. behind waterfall but then i will lose about 3ft of the yard width.
2. place it beside the house in the alley where it is closer to electrical box and about 6ft wide (so plenty of unused space there and not on my bedroom side, it's just a perfect location overall) however (of course, always a draw back), the distance from the planned pad to the CENTER of the pool will probably be about 60ft.

This has been bothering me for the last couple of days.. I just can't decide. Any pro/con/suggestions from you gusy will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone for reading this,
Lance

:wave: Welcome :wave:

The loses due to the plumbing distance can easily be circumvented by bumping up the pipe size.

I like my equipment out of the way, out of sight, and hopefully out of ear shot ... although then you run the risk of not realize something is not right if you do not check things out ;)

We're getting closer to the pool that we want. So this post will be about the design of the pool (see attachment), still need to do a lot of homework for the pool equipment. Please recommend. Here's the list of equipment to be recorded and priced. Thanks for looking.

Main Water Treatments
Skimmers (2)
Pump1
Pump2
Pump3
DE filter
Chlorine Generator
Infloor PCC-2000
Equipment pads
Wireless system
Auto leveler crock

Spa & Seating areas
Bullfrog Jetpaks
Heater

Water and Yard Features
Laminar Jets (5)
Splash Pad heads (3)
Underwater LEDs (3)
Underwater LED for first step

Current Phase:
==> Design
Structural Engineering
City Permit
Call before you dig/blue stakes
Layout
Pre-Grade/Excavation
Plumbing
Gas
Steel
Electrical
City Inspection #2
Shotcrete
Decking
Tile
Pool Barriers & Fencing/Screen enclosure
Cleanup
City Inspection #2
Interior/Marcite/Acid Wash
Startup

Attachments

• Version4.jpg
    Version4.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 193
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.