Welcome to the Sunshine State!

Taterfink

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2012
NE Florida
This storm is really beginning to bug me:x. I have as much water on the ground as I have in my pool. I had a pretty good handle on the chems. Guess thats been shot in the foot now:?. I'm draining what I can to keep some water away from the bottom of the pool but if I blink, I lose what ground I've made by draining. The rain just will NOT let up!:-o

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1340740954575.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1340740954575.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,803
I have been on vacation and have no clue what my yard looks like. I am a little worried about the pool. A friend drove by and said the front yard looked ok. I guess I will find out when I get back. At least Gainesville did not get the 28" like some places did.

I was in Gainesville on Monday and to me things looked pretty good. I can understand your concern tho. Anytime in the past week that I wasn't actually looking AT my pool, I was scared out of my mind :shock: . I think our imaginations get the best of us.
We got, I think, about 9" of rain over all (according to the weather guys). They obviously were NOT looking in my back yard! It looked like a river running thru. (albeit a small river)
The rain has stopped. Now the grass is going nuts since the sun hit it! and the mosquito's are incredibly busy and hungry.

I hope you find good things with your pool when you get home.

We're in Tampa (Riverview) and I believe our recently updated signature line pretty much explains how the weather affected ours...it took days to get all the water drained off the ground around the pool, we're knee-deep in mud for a few more probably. I did get the water cleaned out and treated today and hope we'll be able to swim tomorrow :shock: So it's been a full and fun first week of pool ownership, thanks to Debby, the Tropical 'whatever that slow moving thing was'. Good luck to you all :wave:

Ourfirstpool, the standing water here has soaked in but every where I step, it squishes. I have to hop from grass clump to grass clump. I did get the back yard mowed. My poor little dogs were getting lost in the grass! I can't wait for everything to dry out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Well just an update. We got back late last night and I took as good a look as I could. It over flowed big time. Actually it drained about a quarter of the water leaving pump dry. Pump seems to be working but will know better after refill. There is rubber mulch up against the fence and some in the yard from the over flow of the water.

Yes house and pool is standing but I do need to level the pool again. I just filled the pool back up and it is a little over 3 inches off. It was just below 2 before all the rain. It seems I had a bigger washout then I thought. We are having a small bday party for my 3 y/o Saturday so I guess I will wait until next week to redo it. There will only be a few 3 y/o kids and a couple of parents so I am not worried about collapse.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow...you know I never knew what the outcome was of that storm here, for some reason I wasn't notified of any more posts....glad to hear that all got through the storm ok...here I am in December posting this...shame on me..my pool is still standing (living in Florida, don't have to take it down, yay!). That storm didn't affect the water at all..just needed more salt at the end of all that rain. Hope you all have a great holiday season - looking forward for more pool days..soon!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.