Best Valve for Pentair Quad DE Filter

pkn25

Jun 26, 2012
Question about the 261050 valve. I'm putting in a Quad DE 80 filter and ordered this 261050 valve. Although the box prints "For Triton and Quad DE filters", both the box barcode labels say "261050 - VLV HIFLO 2" SAND". Also, the label on top of the valve, where it shows difference positions also says "FOR SAND FILTER ONLY". The manual also says something like "there are 2 different models, for sand and for DE filters, please make sure to have to correct model of you can cause damage to the pump or drain the pool, etc.". I thought that this valve can be used for both Sand and DE interchangeably and didn't know that there are 2 different models, both with the same part number (261050). The only way I can tell without opening the box is from reading the labels outside of the box where it says "2" SAND" for Sand filter. I called and the dealer says that it should work, but the Pentair manual says that the DE filter must have the DE valve 261050 model. I don't want to install this and probably can't return if it doesn't work. Has anyone gone through this same issue? Please help. Thanks.

According to Pentair, with the Quad DE filter you want to use one of the following valves:

261173 1-1/2 in. MPV, for sand filters (SM 10-3) 3
261047 2 in. PVC Slide valve w/o plumbing, for D.E. & sand filters 7
261049 2 in. HiFlow valve, no plumbing 11
261050 2 in. HiFlow w/plumbing, for sand filters 10
261055 2 in. MPV, for sand filters (SM 20-3) 5
263064 Push pull valve, 7.5 in. Center 4

If I remember correctly the Quad filter has the plumbing arraignment most commonly associated with sand filters, so it will work with a sand filter main valve.

If it still bothers you, call Pentair tech support. They are fairly good at this kind of question.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.