Compupool cpsc 36

Its a 22000 gallon pool set at 80% and barely makes enough chlorine. Only two bathers most of the time. The pool gets supplemental bleach added to maintain adequate FC levels.
Thanks

p.s. Does 80% seem like a normal level. The pump runs 7 hours a day, I think it seems like a high percentage that doesn't give much room for the dog days that are just around the corner.

To answer your original question; yes there are issues with the LCD. It is not a hard switch out. You are probably not getting any output now looking at the numbers you posted. Your FC needs to be at least 3.

Changing out the display is indeed not hard, however, I suspect that your major problem is not running the pool long enough. Consider running the pool more hours per day and adjusting the SWCG percentage accordingly.

With the faulty display, the numbers still can be set at any percentage. The problem is that the bar display does not confirm the output at which it is set. The true output is 10% or less with the bad LCD. So, you really won't know how much to run your SWG until you get the proper functioning LCD display.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I can put in 80% but the display shows bars under the number that should correspond to the percentage. 80 % should have 8 bars, 60 % should have 6 bars, etc. Also it doesnt maintain FC unless bleach is added. The customer service guy told me the LCD screen is not working. Knew exactly what to tell me when I described my perceived problem. I'm just wondering if I made a mistake with this unit, and should have gotten something else for my father.

I have had mine only for about 8 months. After the fix I've not had any problems. It ran at a low level over the winter. Now that the weather is warming up I am in the middle of adjusting its output to keep the chlorine level appropriate.

I had the same issue with mine and Compupool sent me both an LCD assembly and a new cell. I installed the assembly and cell last weekend and all appears to be functioning correctly. Install of both took me about 10 minutes. My cell and/or LCD assembly failed about a month after I purchased the unit. Customer service was quite friendly, although they did insist that I have my water "professionally" tested and provide them the results.

Just to be clear, the LCD assembly comprises more than just an LCD display. The assembly includes the display and the printed circuit board to which is attached. There are also a couple of chips and other electrical components on the board.

FWIW, I run the cell at 50% and the pump for about 12hrs a day and my FC stays at about 6-7 with moderate bather load. My CYA level is about 70, so I like to keep the FC a little high and pool gets about 10 hours a day of direct sunlight this time of year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.