Pool Chlorine Feeder

Jun 26, 2012
We have a pentar mdle 300 chlorine feeder and can not regulate. Have changed the valve and check valve and it still feeds to much chlorine even turned off. What is the best chlorine feeder for pool & spa. We are a Home Owner Association.

We have a pentar 60 DE filter for the pool & a 24 pentar DE filter for the spa. I have just ck. the chlorinator and I have them turned off and feeds thru the ck. valve and I just replaced the ck valves a week ago. the chlorinator where installed according to pentar instruction.

A chlorine feeder that uses solid chlorine puck or tabs is going to add CYA to your pool in addition to the chlorine. CYA is a stabilizer that protects the chlorine in the solid tablet/powder form and it protects your chlorine in the pool from sunlight. It is a double edged sword, not enough and your chlorine burns off in the sun... to much your chlorine become less effective against algae and other organic stuff.

Have you read the "Pool School"? The link is in the upper right corner of this page.

If you are an HOA, does this mean it's a public or a pool shared with multiple families? If so, you may have legal requirements to meet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.