HELP!! Intex multiport problem!!

GreatCanadian

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 28, 2011
St. John's, Newfoundland
Good morning. I had my pump on circulate last night for a 4 hour cycle which meant it would shut off some time during the night. This morning I went to turn on the pump and heater for the day, and switch the multiport valve to filter. After switching the valve to filter the water runs out of the drain port. It's like the valve is stuck open. In all positions the water continues to just run out of the drain port - this is with the pump off. So somehow something is not closing as it should. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance for any advice you may offer.

GC

And I am guessing there is no temporary fix for this until I can get a new gasket?

Can I run the pump directly to the heater and bypass the filter until I can fix it. I do have a skimmer pump with a filter cartridge attached to the pool. Will this little pump provide me with enough filtering that I can bypass the filter with my main pump to heat the pool?

Please tell me yes!! :lol:

GC

Well, I bypassed the filter. The pump is now running straight to the heater. Intex is sending me a new multiport valve assembly. I run the skimmer pump/filter overnight to clear any particles out of the water. I turn that off and run the heater and SWG in the daytime. Hopefully this will carry me through til the valve assembly arrives. Gotta say, the couple of times I have had to deal with Intex, their customer support has been awesome.

While waiting for my new multiport valve assembly to arrive I figured no harm in taking the top handle and diverter off and having a look (could not do it earlier as it was under warranty and needed to talk to Intex first). The spider gasket was pretty twisted up, but apparently in very good shape. I took it out, lubed it, and put it back in place. All working fine now, so it should at least last til the new valve assembly arrives. The handle was also very very still when pressing down. A bit of lube freed that up as well.
GC

I know this thread is old but I have had this problem. Water was leaking from the from the filter when it should not have been. This morning, I opened the top of the filter by removing the 8 or so little screws and looked at the gasket. It was slightly twisted in one area. I took it out, lubed it, and put it back in. It's working perfectly now. No worries about which way to put the top back on because there is a notch that ensures itis on correctly. The Intex Sand Filter has made up for all the mediocre Intex pumps I have owned.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.