Resetting a summer escapes pool

Jun 25, 2012
Hello All, I setup my ground and installed my pool and it is 3" off. From what I've read I need to drain it and re-level. That is correct, right?

After I re-level, I have read about putting the posts on 4" blocks. Do I need to dig out the ground and keep the tops of the blocks level with the dirt? I would assume so, otherwise, the pool liner will be hanging in the air, but I wanted to double check.

Another question, currently, my posts sway back and forth when my son is int the water, is that normal, or because the pool is out of level. Will that go away after the drain and re-fill, or is that just part of owning a temporary pool.

thanks in advace,

Dennis

You do not need to put the poles on 4" thick blocks. Setting the blocks flush will be more work than setting up the pool. I used 7"-7" 1/4" plywood squares. They don't need to be even that large and rectangular would be better. It is so much easier to set up the pool and slip the wood under the leg. You should pull the blocks back so they are not under the pool. The pole will be just on the edge of the block. If your ground is compacted you are probably fine with no blocks and just a tarp. There is not that much pressure on the poles.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.