Vacation success!

coffeegoddss

LifeTime Supporter
May 12, 2012
Minooka, IL
This is my first year attempting BBB. I went through a whole ordeal with shocking and balancing after opening (this site is godsend!) but had finally almost cleared everything (still working on high TA) up about three days before we were supposed to leave for vacation. The morning we left, I raised the FC to shock level, threw a zpack of pucks in the chlorinator, double checked our pump timer settings, and got in the car - fingers crossed.

For 10 days, I had horrifying self-imposed visions of a nasty mess when we came home. Even though I knew I'd done everything right and to the best of my ability, I was terrified of finding a green swamp.

The first thing I did when we arrived home was run out back to check the pool - never mind the now beyond dead grass that used to be our lawn (yay for an early hot summer!). I found it rainbow sparkly clear - albeit it had quite a bit of sawdust at the bottom (the deck is under construction still). I ran all the tests - everything (except that stinkin' TA still) came back within acceptable range.

Yay! :party:

Well, I think I discovered the source of my TA problem... LOL. For giggles, I tested the water coming out of the hose. TA was 290. :shock: So, I guess every time I top off the pool after massive kid splashing, I'm setting myself back on the TA. Oh well, forwarned and all that...

:mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.