Haward plastic drain. Is the cap on it removable?

May 30, 2012
Allentown, PA
I have algae under the drain cap and want to remove it because I cannot get it with the brush or even a paintbrush. Can I remove the cap with out effecting the vinyl liner seal? The cap looks separate from where the drain seals to the liner. Obviously I would turn off the pump before trying to clean it. Or any other suggestions. I have the pool well above shock level and it is not eating away the green algae. Thanks

When you say "shocked" the pool. Did you use a bag of shock or did you do the shock process and pass your OCLT test. If you don't know what I mean, read the pool school. There is a link in the upper right corner of this page... here's another LINK

I used bleach to shock to a target of 20 and Passed the OCLT last night. I don't know why I got algae I have been keeping my FC high 5-7 range until I get my CYA above 30. I had a few spots where I saw algae developing, so I decided that had to meet the 3 requirements of shocking to move past the algae stage. Everything looks great I just hope it holds up. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.