My ultra frame intex liner split!

May 31, 2011
On Saturday had a few people over for a bbq and swimming. A few hours goes by and I see a puddle of water next to the pool. There was a split in the seam about half inch long!! By the time I freaked out then thought about what to do the split was about 10 inches long and the yard was flooded!! Yep, the whole pool drained out in about 5 minutes.
The pool is brand new and was set up for about 3 weeks. I am calling today to demand a new liner. I leveled everything perfect and did everything by the book.
So frustrating.

I'll take some pics and post them soon.

Talked with the store I bought it from and they are replacing it. Now I have to completely disassembly the pool and return all parts. At least I'm getting everything new again. Such a hassle though. Hopefully this doesn't happen again.

I am sooooooo sorry for this happening to you! I recently saw a picture you posted of your pool area and I remember that you had upgraded from your smaller ring type pool. You did such a good job of landscaping around it and it was so neat. I hope it didn't upset your little one too much :cry: / Best of luck to you on your replacement!

Coastal Carolina said:
I am sooooooo sorry for this happening to you! I recently saw a picture you posted of your pool area and I remember that you had upgraded from your smaller ring type pool. You did such a good job of landscaping around it and it was so neat. I hope it didn't upset your little one too much :cry: / Best of luck to you on your replacement!
Thank you, yeah most of the work I did should be ok still. My kiddo wasn't too upset since she knows we are getting a new pool.
Went and got it last night. Which was pretty funny because they didn't even look at the pool or make sure everything was there. Just gave me a knew one lol oh well I'm happy, let the build begin (again)

:twisted: I am happy that you received a replacement for your pool, I am dealing with intex now on same thing
it started as a tiny little leak on my liner then exploded all over my yard. It is now swamp land :( I am calling them again today- all I got from them yesterday was a bunch of runaround.

We just set up our 26' Intex and realized water was coming from underneath. I contacted Intex and, of course, they want us to return the entire pool and they will ship a new one. It took 3 weeks to get this one! By the time we drain it, get it dry enough to ship back and wait for Intex to send a new pool, summer will be over. VERY aggravating. I am trying to work out a compromise. Considering that this is a common problem with these pools, I think Intex should send the replacment liner first, then, when the swimming season is over, I will drain the pool and return the defective liner. I was planning on leaving the pool up year round to save the cost of refilling it every year, besides the landscaping and deck we plan to build will make it difficult to dismantle and reassemble every year. I hope Intex will compromise.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Have you tried dealing with who you bought it from? I was going to call intex also, but I contacted target (where I bought it) and they did the switch in the store. Much less hassle. But they did require all peices of the pool.

I was thinking about contacting walmart. I didn't buy it at the store, we had to purchase it online and it was dropped shipped to our home. But I think I'll call walmart anyway ans see id they will order a replacement and when it arrives at the store, we will dismantle our defective one and take it to the store for exchange. At least that's only one or two days lost rather than weeks if we have to send to Intex.

I would call Wal_mart. Assuming they stocked it and not Wayfair, it should be simple. They may even have one in a store if you call around. I know we have several Wal_marts in my city and some stores have slower moving inventory than others.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.