lime green pool

Mccartc, so sorry about your husband. Rest assured that you have come to the right place. I've been reading this forum religiously since joining. The regular posters here are extremely knowledgable and very caring. Just follow their advice and they will have you fixed up in no time!

Once you've made a decision about draining the pool, the first thing you need to work on is the pH. To give us a better idea about the FC (because if the FC is abouve 10 the pH will be wrong) dilute the pool water with chlorine free (bottled) water, much like you did with the CYA, and test the chlorine again and multiply the result by 2. Post back what you find.

We're taking some small steps right now but you'll soon be on your way to a clear pool.

On a tip from a friend, I went to still another local pool place. They gave me aluminum sulfate. Put 8 oz of this in the skimmer 3 days in a row and could immediately see the water beginning to clear. Now have a back-to-normal pool with all readings correct.
Incidentally, the guy who put my pool in tells me if I lower my water it will have a drastic effect on my liner and this should never be done.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.