To shock or not to shock????

Bent6

May 12, 2012
Jackson, TN
I'm pretty sure I'm OK but it's still a little foreign to not shock my pool. I've not "shocked" in almost 2 months now since starting getting the mess caused by poor advice from our pool store sorted out using the BBB method. I'm talking about a non-chlorine type of shock. SWG is set at 20% and keeps the FC between 3.5 and 4.0 consistently. CC stays at zero so is there any real reason to shock or otherwise oxidize the water? Water looks great. Thanks in advance!

Bent6 said:
I'm pretty sure I'm OK but it's still a little foreign to not shock my pool. I've not "shocked" in almost 2 months now since starting getting the mess caused by poor advice from our pool store sorted out using the BBB method. I'm talking about a non-chlorine type of shock. SWG is set at 20% and keeps the FC between 3.5 and 4.0 consistently. CC stays at zero so is there any real reason to shock or otherwise oxidize the water? Water looks great. Thanks in advance!

One of the foundations of BBB is to trust your own tests. The whole premise of this process is "taking ownership of your pool".

It's not about what chemicals we put in our water so much as why we put them in there. We understand that certain aspects of water chemistry impact certain things, and know what chemicals, in what amounts, manage those aspects of the water chemistry.

As a result of these things, we look at our test results, and know that there is not only no sign of a problem (CC stays at zero...Water looks great) but, just as importantly, there's no reason for there to be a problem. (FC between 3.5 and 4.0 consistently).

Since we "own our pool" and "trust our own results", we sleep just fine at night knowing there's absolutely no reason to shock our pool...

Regardless of what the industry's been telling us all these years. :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.