New Pool Build - Advice

et247

Jun 23, 2012
We are looking to build a pool and I wanted to get some feedback on our pool. Below is some basic information and a layout of the pool.

~28k gallons
1 - Jandy CL340 - 340 sq-ft cartridge filter
1 - Jandy JEP2.0 - 2 hp variable speed pump
1 - Paramount MDX Main Drain with Safety Drain and Debris Canister
6 - Returns
3 - 18" Waterfalls

I guess my main questions are:
1. I am worried about the circulation of the water on the tanning ledge. I asked if they could install a return on the shelf but the PB says that they will only install one if the water is 12" deep. Should I be worried about circulation on the tanning shelf? Should we put in a bubbler or two on the tanning shelf to help with the circulation? If so, will we need a larger pump?

2. Is the 340 sq-ft cartridge filter large enough or should I upgrade to a 460 sq-ft or the 580 sq-ft? From what I've read, the bigger the better, but I wasn't sure how much larger I needed to go.

3. Is one LED in the deep end going to be enough light for the pool?

Any other comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Pool Layout.jpg
    Pool Layout.jpg
    379.5 KB · Views: 90
1) You have plenty of returns, including one rather close to the ledge, which should be enough.
2) 340 sqft is "large enough", but you might be happier with a larger cartridge. The 340 will work just fine, though it probably won't last the entire season without cleaning, while a larger filter would.
3) That is a matter of taste. It is enough for some people, and enough to see by when you are dark adapted, but many people prefer to have another one somewhere else, which will give more of a "entire pool lit up" effect.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.