Intelliflo VF

superray

Bronze Supporter
Jun 24, 2012
NASA/ TX
I am purchasing a home in the next month or so and it has a pool with a WhisperFlo pump. I would like to change this to an Intelliflo VF (for sound and power consumption reasons)
I see some people having issues with the electronic drives on these pumps and having to replace the unit as a whole. I am curious what others have experienced. Are the something to avoid, use a different brand ,Etc.
I run a saltwater tank with pumps that routinely go 7-10 years before failure (from other club members experiences ) and would hope a pool pump lasts longer than a 'couple years'
Thanks,
Ray

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Welcome to TFP!

Overall the IntelliFlo is a very good pump. Most of the problems have been related to lightning burning out the remote control connection. When that happens you have to replace the entire electronics module, but not the entire pump. There was a fairly long period where electronics modules were nominally available separately but you could never find anyone who actually could sell you one, but that seems to have ended. Problems are more frequent than with a single speed or two speed, but not especially common either. It is a very popular pump, thus the fairly large number of mentions despite the fairly low failure rate.

Thanks for the reply, and good to hear the electronic drive parts are available !

With regards to pump life (lightening events that damage electronics aside), dealing with warranty (does one respond to service requests better or have better service centers, etc), how would this pump compare (in peoples experience) to the epumps (for example).

These pumps are expensive so I want to make sure I am buying the best pump. Not much of a power saving if I have to replace a $800-$1200 every couple years but like the idea of a VF pump rather than a two speed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.