Leak Observed - Big Trouble Ahead?

May 28, 2012
Hi all. Now that Tropical Storm Debbie has wreaked havoc on what was a crystal clear pool, I noticed while draining due to overflow something unusual but something that I've suspected for some time. Attached are photos of what I think is the integrity of in ground pool compromised. I found 3 spots where "mini waterfalls" were coming from in between the tiles. What concerns me is that during the rain, those mini waterfalls showed no signs of slowing down. I'm thinking the entire area around the pool has settled and differs from when it was first built 20+ years ago resulting in some compromise in integrity. Thoughts?

Possible Leak - In Ground Pool

I'm great with physics and chemistry. Unfortunately not with construction. What does I mean exactly that the water table is just under the deck? Does TFP have a primer on in ground pool construction?

On a side note, the rate of rain is faster than my pool pump can drain out. Silly tropical storm.

Scott,

We're looking at about 8 inches of rain plus at the moment. I've noticed now multiple spots similar to those pictures where we're getting water streaming into the pool. Is there a point where I need to concern myself with what's going on or is there very little I can do at the moment? This is record breaking rain for us so I'm sure I'm not the only one in the area having similar issues. Thanks!

Hey Scott. We're lucky in the sense that we're in the Tampa Bay area. Not in the direct path but ended up with about 10 inches of rain in a 24 hour period. Between the water I noticed coming in between the tiles and muck settling at the bottom of the pool, it's been a long, long day. Not to mention that not a single water chemistry test is within TFP's desired range. Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.