new from Houston

Jun 24, 2012
Houston, TX
we are a husband wife team that has a brand new inground pool. We did P gravel deck, with real flagstone coping, glass tile and Wet Edge plaster mix. We had a previous pool 6 years ago and we are out of pratcie esp with a brand new pool we never had. It has now been in the ground 4 weeks and chemicals are all over the place. adding ACID every day!! Seems to be a thing here in Houston. Our pervious pool was in New Orleans so chemicals are different.

Will be reading and asking questions in other areas.

GREAT PLACE HERE

Darin and Chrissy

Welcome and you will get all the help you need here. I will go ahead and start out with please post a full set of test results. I assume you do not have your own test kit so I would recommend getting a test kit so you can test your own water and know what is going on. In my signature you will see a link to the TF100 test kit which is awesome. The kit may seem expensive, but will allow you to test at home and not have to rely on the pool store. So my suggestion is to take a sample to the pool store and have them test your water. Come back here and post the results and we can let you know what to do from there. If they try to sell you something DONT BUY IT, just ask for the test results and come back and post them here. You can also read pool school which is in the upper right hand corner. It has a lot of useful information there as well.

And again welcome to the site. We seem to have a lot of people on here from the houston area as well so there may be someone around you that can help as well.