am i turning over enough water???

G

i think i did the math correctly but according to my flow meter my pump is moving 45GPM. i run my pump 24/7. again if my math is correctly. i did it this way 45 X 60 (45 GPM times 60 min) thats 2700 GPH, so times that by 24 (hours, i run my pump all the time) thats 64,800. thats JUST MORE THAN ONE turnover a day, i thought we were supposed to turn over atleast twice a day.

or is my math completly wrong. im a science, history, english guy.

Your math looks right.

The usual design goal is to build a system that is capable of two, or preferably three, turnovers a day. But you normally only actually run the pump long enough to get one turnover per day.

JasonLion said:
Your math looks right.

The usual design goal is to make a system that is capable of two, or preferably three, turnovers a day. But you normally only actually run the pump long enough to get one turnover per day.

so that goal was not made with my system then, as it takes 24 hours to turn over the entire pool, what fixes this then???

Vince,

If your 1.5 hp pump can only produce 45 GPM, you must be pushing your water through a survival training course. My 0.5 hp pump produces 44GPM and I run my pump 1 turnover a day (3 hrs). Thanks to my shed from the 80 degrees weather whole year round.

Vincent.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.