Turning off the SWG while swimming???

Jun 12, 2010
Levelland Texas
Why should the SWG be turned off while swimmers are in the pool???

I just read this on a different thread that the SWG should be turned off while swimmers are in the pool, can someone give me an insight to this?? I must have missed this info in my SWG manual.

Thanks!!!

It depends on what SWG you have. The great majority of them are fine to be on while swimming. But the Intex SWG units, and most of their pumps, do not appear to be certified as safe for use while people are swimming. It isn't clear if they are actually missing the relevant safety features, or if they simply haven't bothered to get the appropriate electrical safety certifications, but until they are certified, it is prudent to have both the pump and SWG turned off while people are in the water.

I would agree with Jasonlion that while they might be perfectly safe, without the certification I would just shut it off. Your SWCG is independent of your pump and being in the return back to your pool, it wont make any difference that you have hayward pump and filter.

Reactions: laweatherred
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.