Leg worries or no problem

Apr 16, 2012
18 x 54" pool, Its level with 1/2", and I placed 2x6 chunks of treated wood under each leg to keep them from sinking. Its been up for 6 wks now and you can see that the tarp has stretched out wards from the center, and the legs are now wider at the bottom and narrower towards the top. So they are tipping inwards, not dramatically, but noticeable.

Am I looking at a crash and burn here or is this normal?

Is there adjustment in the bottom rope? How to do?

<<<<<< Smartest move I ever made for my pool. TF100 a close second.... Just saying..

maybe the answer is already out there. I'll do some more research on the 'bottom rope' topic. If I find anything, I'll let ya know...
Mine is questionable too. I don't know how long it's supposed to be, or if I can replace it. It looks to me like the water has started to degrade the rope some.

My above ground pool did the same thing and we moved it once and used it 2-3 years each location. This is normal if it is just a bit of a lean, if look you will notice that the water seems to push the bottom of the vertical side out a bit more than the top. This causes the bottom of the legs to push out a bit and we never had any issues. Mine did not lean drastically or anything just a bit of a lean with the bottom wall of the pool pushing the bottom of the legs out a touch.

Hard to say if you have an issue without pictures but you are most likely fine. I have also heard of people supplementing the bottom rope with a ratchet strap.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.