How can I eliminate the plunger valves on a Intex 24' round

Jul 6, 2011
Hello everyone!!! I'm in the process of installing a new Hayward DE filter to my Intex 24' round pool, and also I would like to upgrade the plumbing to pvc 1 1/2 plumbing. My problems is that I need to eliminate the Intex plunger valve and replace them with regular ball valves. How do I do this? Thanks!!! There are some threads addresing this very same problem, but for some reason the pictures are not visible. Thanks!!!!

Re: How can I eliminate the plunger valves on a Intex 24' ro

Oh...and where the hose popped off the return part...the water drained so quickly, that it actually washed away some sand next to the pool wall...there is a small gap and when I bent down to look...you can see where the styrofoam sheet sunk down a bit past the wall bottom. Now what?

I replaced one plunger valve on the intake side and made a connector using and 1-1/2" PVC elbow, 1-1/2 to 1-1/4 reducer bushing , the Intex hose nut cut off their hose and a gasket from another Intex adapter.

I hope this helps, there's always a rainbow when trying out smart those folks @ Intex. When I had some I was going to post the steps on how to build it (I need to make another one for my Solar panel hookup)

Attachments

• pool 002.JPG
    pool 002.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 288

Zooduster, thanks for your response!! Hey do you have a solar panel heater in your Intex? Are you running the factory filter? Can you tell me how is the filter / solar panel.setup you have? I'm in the process of upgrading to a new Hayward AbG DE filter rated at 50GPM. And I also want to incorporate a solar panel heater heater with the new filter. But I'm not sure on how to connect it. Heater in line after filter??? Or separate pump dedicated to the heater? ?? Or zhould i used a diverter valve to divert some water flow to.the panels and tge rest back to the pool? ???? Sorry for my typing, it was from my cell phone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.