Pics of our Intex 12'x36"

twiser

May 31, 2012
NJ
A few weeks ago I introduced myself to this forum with should-i-remove-the-grass-t45953.html topic.

I figured now its time to post a few pics since the pool has been up and running for a week. True, it's a small pool, but for starters with two little kids I figured it will last us for a few years before we ready to upgrade. I originally started with putting it down on the grass (on top of tarp "sandwich" with foam insulation in-between). The pictures below were taken while I'm pumping the water out (once it got below drain plug level, I used sump pump with attached telescopic extension to project the water out)

intex_pool_before-1.jpg

intex_pool_before-2.jpg

Back when I first started filling up the water, I realized the level was off by a few inches. Probably not the end of the world considering it's a small pool and we are not making too many waves, but when I start thinking about it being a seasonal thing with dead grass/mud when its removed, I decided to turn it into a more functional space we can enjoy once pool is stored after a few months of use. We hired landscaping/hardscaping company to install pavers (Cambridge brand) and make a privacy wall with some trees around it which creates a nice isolation from neighbors. Our backyard is more like a side yard, and the patio space was limited to 16'x16' (perhaps in a few years we can upgrade to 14'x42" Intex). From the pics above you can see we had a few pavers already from the original owners of the house (we moved in 2 years ago), but those were not done properly and had to be removed. Here is how the new space looks before the pool.

intex_pool_after-1.jpg

intex_pool_after-2.jpg

And here is with pool going up and the same tarp sandwich underneath :)

intex_pool_after-3.jpg

intex_pool_after-4.jpg

intex_pool_after-5.jpg

intex_pool_after-6.jpg

Sorry for picture quality, took it with my phone. So far, it has been in upper 90s up our way and we had 3 days of enjoyable pool time. 12' is not much, but fits perfectly two adults and two kids (4yr old and 7 yr old).

That is AWESOME! :whoot: :goodjob:

It may be a small pool, but if it serves your needs then it is a BIG addition to your household.

I am glad to hear you chose to take down an unlevel pool and do it properly! :goodjob: :cheers:

The end result looks totally Fab, very nicely done and will certainly serve as a nice year round area for your family to enjoy.

Thanks for sharing! :cheers:

It just funny how $190 pool purchase turned into $2k+ project hiring contractor to build a patio lol!!! Those guys spent 2 1/2 days, 12 hours in first day to level everything, and another 12 hours in the next day to fill in and compact layers, and install pavers, and then 1/2 day to plant trees and clean up everything. A lot of hard work. I have A LOT of RESPECT for all of your in this forum who are doing it by yourself!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.