Been Doing My Homework!

Apr 15, 2009
Louisiana
I posted a couple of weeks ago with high CYA levels & having several slick spots in our pool. Since then I have been testing, reading (and reading ....lol) pool school & am just now beginning to understand why & how - I hope - to balance my water. Not to say it is balanced. My test this morning:

PH 8.2
FC 2
TA 90
CH 160
CYA 35
Salt 2200

The pool calculator tells me to lower my PH to 7.5 I need 29 oz. of muratic acid, to raise my FC to 4 I need 79 oz. bleach, CH to 260 - 281 oz. calcium chloride, CYA to 70 89 oz. of stabilizer & 3 bags of salt to get to 3200. i know when I add more salt, my chlorine will begin to move up.

Can someone please tell me if this is correct & which order I need to proceed in? Thanks so much for your help.

Lower the PH right away. The next most important thing is to start/continue raising CYA. Then work on salt. CH is next. Adjust FC after sunset if practical.

One thing to watch out for, the SWG should be off for 24 hours starting just before you add salt. Because of that you will probably need more chlorine than you calculated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.