Backwash Problem

msujohn

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 10, 2011
Frisco, Texas
I just did another backwash and thought I did this correct. This time all the DE filter media/powder that I put into the skimmer all came back into the pool through my returns? Do I need to worry about this? My pool is now a milky color because of all the DE media being in the pool. What do I need to do to fix this? Do I just have to wait until my filter cleans this up on it's own? Will I need to re add my DE media again? Thanks for the help.

Only two ways for that to happen I think.
1 your grids are broken or something inside is not seated correctly.
2 the o rings in the valve are leaking

Do you think out all went to the pool or just some? Not sure it is really possible for all of it to bypass the filter.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone ;)

By the amount that I have in the pool - I bet almost all of the media went in. I'm betting one of the grids inside the filter broke as you mentioned. Pool is still covered under warranty, but it will take the pool company at least 7 to 10 days to come out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.