TF100 Arrived!!!! help! 7/2 CLOUDY AGAIN :(

No. I added 1 gallon before I found this place under the order of a pool store....3-4 weeks ago. Ok, now that I am thinking back, maybe a high Ph was why they had me add the muratic acid......? I did not have the TF!00 at the time.....just the K1000 and I'm thinking it may have been high....or maybe thats just me due to getting in and scrubbing a pool that is at shock level! This is all blending together! lol!

It appears you are right on the edge with your OCLT, once you water is crystal clear, I would say stay at shock level until you pass two nights in a row, then let your FC drop down to normal (assuming you pass all three criteria..in my sig too) and see how it goes.

I have been shocking at 25-30 for 3 days now. Pool is clear at night and then cloudy come morning. the beige stuff is still on the bottom in the morning. I filled with the hose again today bc of all my backwashing and now I can hardly see the bottom. FC is 30. I'm haven't done the OCLT for a few days bc my waters not crystal clear and I have already gone trough 2 bottles of that solution......If it's the filter or piping that could be leaking, why is it clear at night but cloudy come morning?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A wild theory here...you may breaking down more algae during the day since the sun is doing the oxidizing, and maybe you are adding chlorine more often (keeping FC higher for longer?)...where at night the chlorine is doing the sanitizing and oxidizing, but you are not replenishing since you are sleeping...hence the cloudy in the morning???

Either way keep shocking, and attempt to keep the FC slightly above you shock level as much as possible.

Jill said:
Keeping it above 25 is good? Or should I keep it above 30, figuring I have Mustar Algae?
I am not sure you have mustard algae. Almost always it is found on the walls in an area that gets a lot of shade.

If you decide to take it to mustard algae levels wait until you pass the OCLT, then bring it up to MA levels for 24 hours. SEE: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/mustard_algae

Started shocking June 17th, June 30th pool finally cleared for 2 days, July 2nd pool went cloudy again. I have been shocking since July 2nd, brushing the heck out of it and it is milky white cloudy still today. I am not thinking that it is algae anymore. I need some new advice please. I have no idea where to turn other than finding a pool guy to come over and fix it for me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.