Will the Liquidator work in my setup

Txmat

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 18, 2010
San Antonio
I am interested in the Liquidator, but not sure it will work without a modification of my plumbing. My pump sits directly below the skimmer with a 2" pvc pipe between them. The straight down drop is about 30". I don't understand the physics, but I have read that there needs to be resistance between the skimmer and the pump for the liquidator to work. Is this correct and how do I know whether the Liquidator will work with my plumbing? TIA

The question is not will it work, it's what will you have to do to get it to work? And are you willing to do it.
Given your low suction head you'll most likely have to add a restriction to the suction side to get it to work correctly. If you have a valve just below the skimmer, that might be enough, depending on what type it is.

What does your filter pressure run?

I do have a ball valve between the skimmer and the pump. The pressure runs about 8 and it rarely gets high enough to require backwashing. Normally it runs around 8 for months. I usually backwash a couple of times during the summer just because I want to and not because the pressure has gone up.

Your best way would be to put a restriction in the line. Even closing off the suction valve will work unless you have someone that would open it for you without asking. :-D My sis runs with her suction valve partially closed in order to get the LQ to work right.

I am also thinking about getting a liquidator and will have the same problem I have a bit more restiction with a 1-1/2 pipe.

DSCF0004-1.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.