Hayward Matrix vs Pentair Dynamo/Optiflow

All are good pumps, it is the size that will make the difference. With a 3.14 sq-ft filter, you will want to keep flow rates below 47 GPM. For all three, a 1 URHP is about the right size although the Matrix is a little more powerful than the other two. If I had to choose, I would probably choose the Optiflo because I like the pump lid a little better.

Every pump has a different head curve and even if they have the same label HP, it doesn't mean they will perform the same. The Matrix has a slightly higher head curve which means it will produce more flow rate and use a little more energy to do so but the over efficiency as measured by gallons pumped per watt-hr is probably not much different than the other pumps. So as long you compensate the run time for the flow rate differences, there should be no difference in energy cost.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.