Getting Started

rush

Jun 4, 2012
My pool is a beautiful shade of green, but the lawn should be gone and replaced by a pool next week. If the rain will hold off the digging will get started this weekend and I hope to be done by the 4th. Being this is a start up I have just two questions to start with. Step 5 raise your chlorine level to 6 ppm and then and then add one ounce of dichlor for every 500 gallons of water. Do you just add the one ounce of dichor or do you test after your first day and add what you need to maintain 6PPM the other days? Is your pool safe to swim in when you are doing this or should you wait?

Ok, since you have a new start up you might as well do it right

1, read pool school

2, buy a good test kit, I use the TFTestkits TF-100

3, Your pool builder may have certain start up instructions you must follow or risk voiding your warranty, sometimes these instructions may not be the best thing for the pool or the people in it, but often they have been set in stone and it is one of those this is the way it has always been done type of thing. With luck none of this will mess up your water balance so bad that you have to drain the water to get it in line.

4, Correct start up will depend on the type of pool you are getting (vinyl, plaster, etc,) and how you plan to chlorinate it (bleach, SWG, etc.)

Regardless of these things, go read pool school, link in the upper right of every page here, and when your done take a break let it sink in, then read it again, it makes a lot more sense the 2nd or 3rd time through.

Ike

I have read the pool school more than once and I have the Tf-100 test kit. The pool will be a in ground vinyl 18X36 guessing about 27000 gallons.Using bleach. I did not get SWG thought if I needed one I could always add it later.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.