which way should these Jaden valves be at?

wildzx

May 21, 2012
got a little dilema, i can't figure out where to set these 2 Jaden valves at? Currently, i have them as shown in pic (both of the skimmers seems to be working but they also work at other value positions...there is 2 drain in deep end of pool, as well)

Attachments

• photo11.jpg
    photo11.jpg
    418.2 KB · Views: 136
  • photo12.jpg
    photo12.jpg
    474.8 KB · Views: 136
wildzx:

Assuming valves are installed properly, the general rule is: If the valve handle is perpendicular to the pipe, then the valve is "off"; if the valve handle is in-line with the pipe, then it's "on".

Re: which way should these Jandy valves be at?

The way they're set in the picture, you're drawing water from all three lines. This is just speculation and you'll need to adjust the valves to be sure, but I suspect that the valve closest to the pump adjusts the flow between the main drains and the skimmers. The line at the bottom of pic at that valve are the main drains. The other Jandy valve is for the two skimmers. Adjusting it one way or the other adjusts the flow between the two skimmers.

The flag opposite of the handle is the gate or off position.

If you turn the off position of the valve closest to the pump toward the line at the bottom of the pic, the skimmers should still work.
If you turn the off position toward the top of the pic, the skimmers should stop working and you'll only be getting flow from the main drain.

Try those positions and see if that's right.

hmm.......it looks as you are right on drawing water from all three lines...but where should i set the valves at?
yes, the skimmers still do work, when i turn the valves around. (they move 3 direction).
Sorry, I didn't have too much time to play around with, today...but i did take more pics. I am heading back there on Monday to try to figure this out. (i do have the pump running about 5 hours a day, currently)

Attachments

• photo11.jpg
    photo11.jpg
    495.7 KB · Views: 105
  • photo22.jpg
    photo22.jpg
    381.6 KB · Views: 105
  • photo13.jpeg
    photo13.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 103
Bama Rambler said:
Turn the handle of the valve closest to the pump over the elbow going to the other valve. That should turn the skimmers off.
Ok, i'll try that...but what postion i should keep these valve's at for normal everyday operation?
And when do i need to turn the skimmers off or when do i need to adjust these valve's?
(sorry, i am totally new to maintaing the pool and having little bit of tough time getting everything in order with it....)

Ok, so tested out few options…it looks like the valve with red box around is for the 2 skimmers and valve with the blue box looks like controls the flow from the skimmers and the bottom drain. The picture is showing skimmers in off position in the blue box and in the red box valve in the middle …even flow to both skimmers, i'm assuming.
Oh, even when skimmers are in off mode the pipe in the skimmer has still water pressure.

Now, should both valve be in center? where should i leave them at for normal everyday operation? Any reason why i need to turn one valve off or adjust it?

2nd issue…that i am having and a important one and which is driving me crazy ... because the pool is not being cleaned by the quik clean pops up. Not enough pressure to force the dirt. I believe this is due to low pressure…i read the manuals but have no idea how to fix this issue. As of now this is what i have done, i moved the 3 red valve (not jaden)..in green box half way ….i believe these are return valves; hope this ok? or should i leave them all open…with all open the pressure is very low…!

With having half way, the pressure did go up and the quik clean pop ups are popping out much more with more pressure but not quite enough to move all the debris….The pressure in the filter in normal mode pump running is basically 0 and clean mode it goes up around 8 and drops to 0 afterwards?

Hope, you can help. thank you Mac

Attachments

• jaden2.jpg
    jaden2.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 3red2.jpg
    3red2.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 67
You can leave the skimmer and main drain valves open if you want or you can adjust the flow between the skimmers if one flow better than the other. You can also adjust the main drain valve partially closed to improve skimmer function.

Can you take a pic of all the plumbing in one pic? It's hard to piece together all the parts from the pics posted. I don't see the pop-up control head in any of the posted pics.

I suspect that one of the three valves in the green box controls the flow to the pop-ups. I'd try turning them off one at a time and see if you can figure out which one it is.

Ok, please see following link... I taken theses pics few weeks back. I think pic 2 shows all the plumbing. Let me know if you like me to take more pics, I'm at the property now......thanks

https://picasaweb.google.com/1070276390 ... directlink

( and also if I adjust the red valve towards more close position the water from returns stops..) the pop heads automatically keep opening 3 or 4 at a time for about minute and closing and moving to next 3 )...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: which way should these Jandy valves be at?

That's what I figured would happen. I just didn't know which valve was for the returns. I would run it closed enough to give a little flow out of the returns and still allow the pop-ups to work.

The spaceship looking thing to the right of the filter is the cleaner distributor. It has gears in it that selects the different zones of heads.

Ok, thanks for your help. Good to know all the equipment. Just having problems trying to clean the pool with cleaning system.

Any idea of quikclean in ground cleaning system, they don't seem to work that well; even with all pop heads all the way out; with ok pressure (maybe it;s not enough). the debris and dirt gets about feet or 2 feet cleared around the pop heads but just sits around places in the pool and doesn't reach the drain.

Should i just get vacuum and use it with the skimmer (the pool doesn't seem to have separate suction pipe for vacuum? (also, i ask in the main forum, as well...maybe someone else is also using quikclean)

attached is the pic of skimmer; not sure there is a adaptor that is available goes over the pipes because it doesn't look; as the vacuum pipe will fit the skimmer pipes, directly. thank Mac

Attachments

• skimmer.JPG
    skimmer.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 37
I'm not sure about the QuikClean system, but I'm sure someone will know.

As for the vacuum. You can get a vacuum plate that fits in the skimmer on top of the basket and the vac hose attaches to that. It's actaully better than sticking it in the pipe because your skimmer basket catches the large stuff and you're not relying on the pump basket to catch it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.