May 5, 2012
I have been skimming the last pages of forum questions to see if this topic was covered(thank you moderators who keep answering all the questions we newbies have!). I started the season with high CYA levels then the levels dropped as we had 5 to 6 inches of rain. I did shock the pool which probably took 6 to 7 days to complete and all has been well but I notice my cya levels seem to be creeping up. how is this possible? Admittedly, the test is not intensely accurate because you are "eyeballing" when the dot disappears, but I don't think I would be that inaccurate. Does cya occur in nature at all. i was at 50 and now it looks to be closer to 65. I repeated the test to be sure. At the start of the season I was using pucks but haven't since May. thanks!

I have been using Walmart and dollar store bleach(Tundra). the ingredients say 6% sodium hypochlorite and 94% inert ingredients. could that contain any stailizers? And I sure wouldn't swear I am doing the test 100% the same each time and yes I have already read the extended directions. I try to use the same light but the light can be variable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.