Liquid Chlorine Question

Shawdaddy1972

LifeTime Supporter
May 14, 2012
Gulfport, MS
Just found a local supplier of 12% liquid chlorine that has 15gal drums for $68.00. Been using clorox since I started the pool and using about a gal a day. Going to Sams every other week is kinda getting old. Would it be a good idea to switch to the liquid and use less?

It all depends on how much you value cutting your carrying in half. That price is equivalent to a large jug of bleach for $3.25, which is alright but hardly the lowest price you will see if you search.

I normally get the 3 pk of 182oz bleach at Sams for $6.87. Which is $2.29 a gallon. So I spend about $70.00 a month on bleach. However, I just raised my CYA to 70 to keep from losing so much chlorine during the day. I am losing an average 3-4ppm a day when the cya was at 60. I did an OCLT passed no problem. Maybe I'll stay with what I know works :-D

Shawdaddy1972 said:
I normally get the 3 pk of 182oz bleach at Sams for $6.87. Which is $2.29 a gallon. So I spend about $70.00 a month on bleach. However, I just raised my CYA to 70 to keep from losing so much chlorine during the day. I am losing an average 3-4ppm a day when the cya was at 60. I did an OCLT passed no problem. Maybe I'll stay with what I know works :-D

3 182oz jugs for $6.87 is actually $1.61 a gallon. You are getting 4.26 gallons of bleach.

Just a reminder that the half life drops quickly when the concentration goes up. By the time you get to the bottom of the barrel, it may not be 12% anymore ... depends on how fast you use it and how it is stored.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.