New pool (for me) in GA

Jclayton

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 1, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Just thought I'd share a quick picture of my new (to me) backyard oasis. Just bought this house about a month ago. Pool was put in ~1997. It has a few issues, but is generally in good condition. What a great place for the family!

And this site has been a great resource for me as a new, and first time, pool owner. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_7275.JPG
    IMG_7275.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 594
Very pretty. I like the landscaping around it. I love my pool, but it just looks like a pool in the middle of a concrete slab...nothing pretty to look at around it. I've tried container plants and stuff...nothing as nice as yours.
Anyone else want to post pics of pool landscaping and maybe some ideas of plants, shrubs and trees that won't harm a pool????

csigirl said:
Very pretty. I like the landscaping around it. I love my pool, but it just looks like a pool in the middle of a concrete slab...nothing pretty to look at around it. I've tried container plants and stuff...nothing as nice as yours.
Anyone else want to post pics of pool landscaping and maybe some ideas of plants, shrubs and trees that won't harm a pool????

Thank you everyone for the kind words and warm welcome around here.

This picture was taken a few weeks before we moved in. Late April / Early May. The debris is leftover from the Atlanta spring time. Definitely a learning experience dealing with the pool and all the natural life around it. We have a few trees back there that we're going to either have taken down, or at least chopped off near the top. There is just a little too much shade. Some natrual area we'd like to turn into pool deck (more room for entertaining and for the kids to play), some color to add, etc. I'll be sure to report back with some better pictures once we have the time and resources to give it our own touch.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.