Should I be doing anything else if the water is really clear?

Jun 12, 2012
Tampa, Florida
My pool has been up for a little over a month...haven't done a thing to it (ex cept adding salt when I filled the pool)and it's still perfectly clear. I use my soft mop on the walls just before I turn the pump on for 8 hrs a couple of times a week and it filters out what I loosen up (very little algae). Still clear and inviting. Should I be doing anything else even if the water is really clear?

Re: Should I be doing anything else if the water is really c

Unfortunately, it sounds like it is already on its way to a swamp if you have visible algae. Post a full set of test results ... you should then likely start the shocking process.

Re: Should I be doing anything else if the water is really c

it will if you test and add the only the chemicals required to keep it so. Around here that's pretty much only bleach, borax, baking soda and the occasional muriatic acid or CYA to meet specific needs... and only when the tests support it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Should I be doing anything else if the water is really clear

I assume you mean me and my signature comment. This is not my filter but mine looks the same.

[attachment=0:3aoerd67]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340434556.028723.jpg[/attachment:3aoerd67]

This is what the inside of my filter looks like. I have a Hayward Perflex and to my knowledge, it is the only one that looks like this. When I am changing the DE (recharging) my filter, this part comes off the top of my filter body and I use a garden hose to clean off the old, dirty DE and the dirt stuck on the fabric looking materials that cover the "fingers" of the filter. I don't know what's inside them but it looks like tubes with springs inside.

Unless you have a Perflex filter, you will not have these inside your filter.

Edited for context and clarity

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340434556.028723.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340434556.028723.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 86
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.