Help!

Londa

Jun 20, 2012
Union NJ
So, I've tested and re-tested my water to local pool supply store's(Leslie's Pool) satisfaction. So my water is finally balanced and the algea has died and now lies at the bottomof my pool. I have an 18x33 oval pool and it completely covers the bottom, so I have ALOT to vaccum. Needless to say, I attempted to do just that today and in less than 5 minutes BOOM the water was cloudy. What I thought was clumped up algea dispersed into a million pieces of junk floating around. Any suggestions on how I can resolve this? I'm thinking of purchasing an automatic cleaner to see if it will help, any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Try vacuuming slowly to disturb the debris as little as possible and clean the filter as needed. Vacuuming and filtering will get all the debris out but it may take a couple of days. Keep the pump running 24/7 until the pool is clear. Could you post a complete set of test results?

Free available cholorine: 2.5
Water pH: 7.0
Total Alkalinity (TA): 90
Cyanuric Acid (CYA): 40-50
Total Dissolved Solids (TDS): 400

Based on these results I was advised to add 1.5 lbs of soda ash wait 4hrs then add 12 oz of water clarifier then wait 4hrs then vacuum. Unfortunately for me there were 2 separate thunderstorms which has my pool appearing like murky water. I purchased an auto cleaner but I see I will have just have to wait and go slow with vacuum as suggested earlier...UGH!

what I should do if anything
Yeah, that's a problem. You need a guage you can count on....it's an important part of your pool and your ability to manage it.

1. The gauge may be broken. Does it go to zero when you shut off the pump?

2. You might have an obstruction in the line(s) from the skimmer to the pump. Does it feel like you are getting normal, strong flow back into the pool?

I don't think the auto-cleaner will help you much. It'll probably go too fast and quickly clog up. I think your best bet is what's already been suggested...vacuum manually and VERY s-l-o-w-l-y.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.