Perferred Sand

Apr 14, 2010
Bartlett, TN
I tried searching using the terms "best sand" "sand filter" and I wasn't really getting any hits.

I am replacing my Hayward Sta-Rite due to broken laterals and leaky multi-port valve. I've never changed out a sand filter before so I wanted to see if there was a preferred sand that I should use. I was planning on just going to Home Depot and buying the Quickrete Pool Filter Sand but I noticed that it had a few bad reviews. I'm thinking sand is sand but I wanted to check with the pros here at TFP before I spent my money.

Yeah I know that part. What I want to know is if there is a preferred sand to use. Like I said, I was just going to go with the Quickrete brand but there were several bad reviews on it. I'm sure there have been quite a few people on this forum that have bought pool sand before. What did you guys buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.