Still giving props to the BBB!!!

Overall this season (opened early mid may) spent 65 dollars on chemicals (aka bleach), and the first week was "shock" week.
Very HAPPY have people seeing my family pics on facebook asking questions, and all i say is Troublefreepool.com. Read then ask me questions lol!

Was 94 here in southern Chicago. Full sun, Started the day with a bit over 5.5 FC. Me, and my 3 boys, 3 dogs (yes we let them swim, but i skim the hair out for 45 min, but hey its in the pool and sun!)
We swam from 11:30 till after 5. No not the dogs I got them a kiddie pool to soak in as well.

Anyway, tonight I am paying for it, FC was 1.0 LMAO......But hey IT WORTH IT.

Hope everyone is now enjoying there CRYSTAL CLEAR POOLS! :whoot:

maryj0w:

Congrats on your crystal clear pool!

I get similar comments and inquiries on how I maintain my pool. Still get some "deer-in-the-headlights" stares when I mention that plain old bleach is my primary chlorine source. But the proof is in the results. Have not had to shock since switching to BBB, even after big pool party with 2-dozen bathers and the occasional spills of adult beverages in the pool. All I had to do after party was run the filter longer than I normally do and dose FC to the high end of my target range that night. Also saving big $ by not using the other chemicals I was applying in the past.

I also live south of Chicago, but in Indiana, and yes the high temps the past few days, I have had to add a bit more bleach, but I am happy to be spending the time enjoying my sparkly pool than sitting in the house complaining about how hot it is............

As I say, the worst part of BBB is that I spend too much time trying to vacuum every speck off the bottom of my pool. Water is so clear I can see every little thing that gets in there (and sometimes try to vacuum the shadow of something floating). No other way to go.

BigStein said:
As I say, the worst part of BBB is that I spend too much time trying to vacuum every speck off the bottom of my pool. Water is so clear I can see every little thing that gets in there (and sometimes try to vacuum the shadow of something floating). No other way to go.

I was thinking the same thing today!

I have referred two friends who where having pool issues in the last 3 days to this site. I even printed out a list of the items to use and why to give to my friend. My husband has been jokingly calling me "the pool queen" because our pool has never looked so good.

I love tfp too. Thank my lucky stars that I found this site while our pool was being built and have never NOT used BBB, so I don't know how much I save. But I have priced out baking soda vs ph up and water softener salt vs pool salt and I know I've saved a ton. I think I spend about $100 per summer on chemicals. 40 on CYA and 50 on salt, both of which magically disappear over the hard winters in NH and 10 on chlorine to shock when the pool is opened. That's it. Of course my electric bill is high compared to pre pool days, but that would be the same no matter what method I used.

Plus, I'm addicted to reading the forums, looking for new bits of knowledge, which come often, and fun stories of pool adventures.

I guess we could complain about having to lug 20 bottle of bleach and a 4 boxes of 20 Mule home from the nearest box store... but then you figure you have spent less on on those 20 bottles and borax than you would have in one stop at "Empty-your-Wallet Pool Store" with their green-to-clean and phosphate removers when your biggest issue was that your FC chlorine level was 0.5 PPM.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am stunned at how well my pool is doing because of this community. I used to feel a victory when, following a pool store's advice, I would begin to see the drain under 9 feet of murky water. I even had friends come over whose kids would not go into the pool because they couldn't see the bottom of the pool clearly. Now 3 years later, I rush home to see the temperature of the water and if I have to vacuum the pool. Even the dogs like to float around and help keep things clean. They actually bite the leaves and pull them out. They also try to eat them but most of the time drop them onto their raft.

Thanks troublefreepools.com. I keep sending people here and always will.

Attachments

• WP_000206_TFP.jpg
    WP_000206_TFP.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 110
  • WP_000214_TFP.jpg
    WP_000214_TFP.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 110
More props from my house !
Started late last year when we had the old intex easy set, after having the usual cloudy nasty pool 3-4 weeks into the season, I started with BBB
got it cleared finally and have never looked back. This year we have a 15' round Sharkline ABG and its been crystal clear since we opened it.
Today its hot and hazy again.......... pool is already 84 and will likely be 88 by afternoon. Just got back from Walmart with supplies to get us through the long weekend !
NO pools store for us :)

My pup has been chasing the dragon flies that are frequenting our pool. She also chases after the crepe myrtle blooms that look like snow in the morning.

IMG_5025.JPG

... and any excuse to show my sparkly pool is a great reason to share.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.