Is CYA in it?

T

tacoma5050

OK so now I know that this shock: sodium dichloro-s-trazinetrione has CYA in it.

But how do I tell when any product contains CYA?
What part of sodium dichloro-s-trazinetrione would tell me that?

Thanks

There are two kinds of stabilized chlorine, dichlor and trichlor, which both contain CYA. Dichlor is called sodium dichloroisocyanate or dichlorocyanuric acid or sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione. Dichlor is mostly sold as a granular "shock". Trichlor is called Trichloroisocyanuric acid or trichloro-s-triazinetrione. Trichlor is mostly sold as chlorinating tablets/pucks/sticks. The terms cyanuric, cyanate, and triazinetrione indicate that CYA is present, but usage varies and they may not always appear.

There are three common forms of chlorine that don't contain CYA: bleach (sodium hypochlorite), Cal-hypo (calcium hypochlorite), and Lithium-hypo (lithium hypochlorite).

tacaoma5050 said:
OK so now I know that this shock: sodium dichloro-s-trazinetrione has CYA in it.

But how do I tell when any product contains CYA?
What part of sodium dichloro-s-trazinetrione would tell me that?

Thanks
s-trazinetrione, which is another name for cyanuric acid (CYA). Sometimes stabilized chlorine products are listed as chlorinated cyanurates or chlorinated isocyanurates on labels, and sometimes as chlorinated tricarbimides. Just different names for exactly the same thing!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.