TFP Expert
Apr 4, 2007
SW Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've been trying to compile a collection of (legally obtained of course) music to listen to while hanging out around the pool. I thought Sirius's Margaritaville or some of the other channels would fit the bill, but they have songs on there that seem completely out of place way too often. Anybody have any specific song/performer suggestions? I'll post my playlist later to avoid influencing the answers, but of course there's plenty of Jimmy and the Coral Reefers.

i woudl suggest, getting Xm. much more playlist. IMO. of course. :wink:

but we need to know what kinda music you like before giving suggestions.

who knows, someone might suggest Fat Joe. :lol:

I don't think you would like my playlist suggestions since I usually have dance, ambient, trance, breakbeat, and techno playing around the pool! (What can I say, I once worked as a DJ in dance clubs and country western clubs. I like the dance music better than the CW.)

My playlist containes a LOT of dance remixes of artists like Stevie Nicks and
Annie Lennox to the major club artists and artists like Moby, Robert Fripp, New Order, Tangerine Dream, and 808 State.

The new Paulo Abdul/Randy Jackson tune, "Dance Like There's No Tomorrow" is awesome. So is the new Kylie Minogue, "In My Arms". Donna Summer also has a new #1 club hit out..."I'm a Fire"

Anyway, this is the stuff that I listen to around the pool. Makes it feel like an ongoing party!

well here are my tunes.

Xm channel 11 or 16

i have kenny chesney

Chris Cagle

Jake Owen

Toby Keith

Jason Aldean

Tracy Lawrence

Carrie Underwood

Half Way to Hazzard

Trace Adkins

Rodney Atkins

Chris Young

Josh Turner ( my personal favorite singer of all time)

Craig Morgan

Brad Paisley

Lynerdy Skynerd (SP sry)

Dierks Bentley

Tim McCraw

Bucky Covington

Carolina Rain

Heartland

Waylon Jennings

Willy

Billy Ray Cyrus (with out her terrible singing daughter)

Blake Shelton

Carters Chord

Mountgomery Gentry

Jason Michael Carrol

Alabama

Alan Jackson

Big & Rich

Gary Allen

i have a ton more, but this is all i can think of right now. Of course all my songs are bought off of Itunes at 99c a piece.

my pool tunes depending on the crowd....

I'm with waterbear in 'party' mode, in fact, i'd love some of his music burnt for me.... 'wink wink' or at least more of a compiled list he recommends for that more chill style of dance/dj music.

but in general, when relaxing, there's usally a good supply of cali-type music, reggae and such. Sublime is my default favorite, pretty much any and all Sublime will be a part of my collection. Then there's Bob Marley, Red Hot Chili Peppers, most anything with a ska funk sound.

Wow Vince! Sounds like you need to move to Nashville!! I live here and don't even care anything about those folks!! :-D I'm pretty much a Radio Margaritaville fan myself or any of the 30 CDs and such of his music.

Radio Margaritaville here too :D

Also, I have all of our music on a 60gb Ipod, it's full already, but I just took the time to create a bunch of different playlists so what ever mood we're in we can play it, such as we have all of U2's music so there's a U2 playlist, rock playlist, of course a Buffet play list, country/rock-a-billy playlist and the lists go on...

And not to thread jack, but since we're talking about music, going to see Buffet Saturday Night :D:D:D

There's also another avenue I forgot to mention. I don't know if can do this or not, but there is a web site - boomerradio.com - that plays great music as well; but I guess you'd have to have some kind of setup for your computer and that's about as far as I know about that!

uwimage....have fun...I don't like you! :-D , have one for me, I'm jealous and whatever else I'm missing that tells you that's it's not fair!!! :lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: Different strokes

Beachnut_pa said:
This is a pretty diverse crowd, as we would expect. Head banger here, XM channel 41, the Bone Yard. Played through a PC to wireless speakers out by the pool. Rock on!

I like a lot of diverse music, what I listen to at the pool or in a relaxed setting is not always what I'd be listening to in the truck.... more like some System of a Down, Disturbed, Korn, Papa Roach, Ill Nino... those are some good ones, and I'm sure they'll make it to the pool some as well.... :-D

Are you able to play music streamed from you pc? If so, check out www.pandora.com. You can make playlists based on Artist, Songs, Genres, etc. What's really cool about pandora is that it is incredibly intuitive at picking out music you will like based on the songs and artists you choose. The more songs you rate, the better it does. They call their process "The music genome project," using very specific characteristics of music to analyze and predict listener preferences.

What I like is that I can make stations based on particular artists or specific songs and listen to those when I'm in the mood. But if I want a mix, I can select as many of my own stations as I want for a quick-mix and it jumbles it all up.

Again, you'll be quite surprised at how very good it is at picking music you will like.

Oh, and it's free with no ads interrupting your play lists either.

SeanB said:
Are you able to play music streamed from you pc? If so, check out www.pandora.com. You can make playlists based on Artist, Songs, Genres, etc. What's really cool about pandora is that it is incredibly intuitive at picking out music you will like based on the songs and artists you choose. The more songs you rate, the better it does. They call their process "The music genome project," using very specific characteristics of music to analyze and predict listener preferences.

What I like is that I can make stations based on particular artists or specific songs and listen to those when I'm in the mood. But if I want a mix, I can select as many of my own stations as I want for a quick-mix and it jumbles it all up.

Again, you'll be quite surprised at how very good it is at picking music you will like.

Oh, and it's free with no ads interrupting your play lists either.

THATS THE BEST SITE EVER, THANKS SEAN.

I use Pandora and also use SHOUTcast, which has some EXCELLENT European dance and ambient stations on it.
I also pipe my Sirius Radio out to the pool.
If I am in the mood I will play MP3's and Ogg Vorbis files and maybe even mix them via the laptop (I have a few different DJ software pagckages but NON of them really give the same feel as mixing from turntables with vinyl...now THAT was DJing!)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.