Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poolside Tunes

1. Back To Top    #1

Poolside Tunes

I've been trying to compile a collection of (legally obtained of course) music to listen to while hanging out around the pool. I thought Sirius's Margaritaville or some of the other channels would fit the bill, but they have songs on there that seem completely out of place way too often. Anybody have any specific song/performer suggestions? I'll post my playlist later to avoid influencing the answers, but of course there's plenty of Jimmy and the Coral Reefers.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

2. Back To Top    #2
    i woudl suggest, getting Xm. much more playlist. IMO. of course.

but we need to know what kinda music you like before giving suggestions.

who knows, someone might suggest Fat Joe.

3. Back To Top    #3
    I don't think you would like my playlist suggestions since I usually have dance, ambient, trance, breakbeat, and techno playing around the pool! (What can I say, I once worked as a DJ in dance clubs and country western clubs. I like the dance music better than the CW.)

My playlist containes a LOT of dance remixes of artists like Stevie Nicks and
    Annie Lennox to the major club artists and artists like Moby, Robert Fripp, New Order, Tangerine Dream, and 808 State.

The new Paulo Abdul/Randy Jackson tune, "Dance Like There's No Tomorrow" is awesome. So is the new Kylie Minogue, "In My Arms". Donna Summer also has a new #1 club hit out..."I'm a Fire"

Anyway, this is the stuff that I listen to around the pool. Makes it feel like an ongoing party!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by waterbear
    Donna Summer also has a new #1 club hit out..."I'm a Fire"
    She's still alive?
    20,000 gal fiberglass pool, Raypak 266k BTU Lo Nox gas heater, Purex 2048 48 sq ft DE filter, 1.5hp pump. iWave wireless remote, Pulsafeeder chlorine pump, Safety cover on most of the time

seperate spa, with own pump, cartridge filter, Teledyne heater

5. Back To Top    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by randytsuch
    Quote Originally Posted by waterbear
    Donna Summer also has a new #1 club hit out..."I'm a Fire"
    She's still alive?
    She has a new studio album coming out in May!

6. Back To Top    #6
    well here are my tunes.

Xm channel 11 or 16

i have kenny chesney

Chris Cagle

Jake Owen

Toby Keith

Jason Aldean

Tracy Lawrence

Carrie Underwood

Half Way to Hazzard

Trace Adkins

Rodney Atkins

Chris Young

Josh Turner ( my personal favorite singer of all time)

Craig Morgan

Brad Paisley

Lynerdy Skynerd (SP sry)

Dierks Bentley

Tim McCraw

Bucky Covington

Carolina Rain

Heartland

Waylon Jennings

Willy

Billy Ray Cyrus (with out her terrible singing daughter)

Blake Shelton

Carters Chord

Mountgomery Gentry

Jason Michael Carrol

Alabama

Alan Jackson

Big & Rich

Gary Allen

i have a ton more, but this is all i can think of right now. Of course all my songs are bought off of Itunes at 99c a piece.

7. Back To Top    #7

my pool tunes depending on the crowd....

I'm with waterbear in 'party' mode, in fact, i'd love some of his music burnt for me.... 'wink wink' or at least more of a compiled list he recommends for that more chill style of dance/dj music.

but in general, when relaxing, there's usally a good supply of cali-type music, reggae and such. Sublime is my default favorite, pretty much any and all Sublime will be a part of my collection. Then there's Bob Marley, Red Hot Chili Peppers, most anything with a ska funk sound.
    My Pool - 18x24 fully setup Cabana, 22x48 gunite/quartz plaster (3-5-3 depth) & 8' spa w/ spill and 5' natural rock waterfall; Hayward DE filter/pumps/heater; Hayward Pro Logic controller; Phantom cleaner. Finished 06/01/07.

RedishConstruction.com

8. Back To Top    #8
    Wow Vince! Sounds like you need to move to Nashville!! I live here and don't even care anything about those folks!! I'm pretty much a Radio Margaritaville fan myself or any of the 30 CDs and such of his music.
    10,700 gal IG vinyl
    Pentair Triton II TR50 sand filter
    Pentair Booster Pump
    Letro Platinum pressure side cleaner
    Emerson 1HP pump
    Bioguard Mineral Springs SWG
    2 skimmers

9. Back To Top    #9

Radio Margaritaville here too

Also, I have all of our music on a 60gb Ipod, it's full already, but I just took the time to create a bunch of different playlists so what ever mood we're in we can play it, such as we have all of U2's music so there's a U2 playlist, rock playlist, of course a Buffet play list, country/rock-a-billy playlist and the lists go on...

And not to thread jack, but since we're talking about music, going to see Buffet Saturday Night
    My pool works thanks to TFP

Please support the site! pages/supporters/

It's cheaper than your first trip to the pool store!

10. Back To Top    #10
    There's also another avenue I forgot to mention. I don't know if can do this or not, but there is a web site - boomerradio.com - that plays great music as well; but I guess you'd have to have some kind of setup for your computer and that's about as far as I know about that!

uwimage....have fun...I don't like you! , have one for me, I'm jealous and whatever else I'm missing that tells you that's it's not fair!!!
    10,700 gal IG vinyl
    Pentair Triton II TR50 sand filter
    Pentair Booster Pump
    Letro Platinum pressure side cleaner
    Emerson 1HP pump
    Bioguard Mineral Springs SWG
    2 skimmers

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by uwimage
    And not to thread jack, but since we're talking about music, going to see Buffet Saturday Night
    my buddy is as well.
    My Pool - 18x24 fully setup Cabana, 22x48 gunite/quartz plaster (3-5-3 depth) & 8' spa w/ spill and 5' natural rock waterfall; Hayward DE filter/pumps/heater; Hayward Pro Logic controller; Phantom cleaner. Finished 06/01/07.

RedishConstruction.com

12. Back To Top    #12

Different strokes

This is a pretty diverse crowd, as we would expect. Head banger here, XM channel 41, the Bone Yard. Played through a PC to wireless speakers out by the pool. Rock on!
    30K gal in ground shotcrete pool with Sunstone Select finish
    Attached raised spa with spillway
    DE filter, 400K btu heater
    Ray-Vac cleaner
    Use BBB methods

13. Back To Top    #13

Re: Different strokes

Quote Originally Posted by Beachnut_pa
    This is a pretty diverse crowd, as we would expect. Head banger here, XM channel 41, the Bone Yard. Played through a PC to wireless speakers out by the pool. Rock on!
    I like a lot of diverse music, what I listen to at the pool or in a relaxed setting is not always what I'd be listening to in the truck.... more like some System of a Down, Disturbed, Korn, Papa Roach, Ill Nino... those are some good ones, and I'm sure they'll make it to the pool some as well....

RedishConstruction.com

14. Back To Top    #14
    Are you able to play music streamed from you pc? If so, check out www.pandora.com. You can make playlists based on Artist, Songs, Genres, etc. What's really cool about pandora is that it is incredibly intuitive at picking out music you will like based on the songs and artists you choose. The more songs you rate, the better it does. They call their process "The music genome project," using very specific characteristics of music to analyze and predict listener preferences.

What I like is that I can make stations based on particular artists or specific songs and listen to those when I'm in the mood. But if I want a mix, I can select as many of my own stations as I want for a quick-mix and it jumbles it all up.

Again, you'll be quite surprised at how very good it is at picking music you will like.

Oh, and it's free with no ads interrupting your play lists either.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

15. Back To Top    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanB
    Are you able to play music streamed from you pc? If so, check out www.pandora.com. You can make playlists based on Artist, Songs, Genres, etc. What's really cool about pandora is that it is incredibly intuitive at picking out music you will like based on the songs and artists you choose. The more songs you rate, the better it does. They call their process "The music genome project," using very specific characteristics of music to analyze and predict listener preferences.

What I like is that I can make stations based on particular artists or specific songs and listen to those when I'm in the mood. But if I want a mix, I can select as many of my own stations as I want for a quick-mix and it jumbles it all up.

Again, you'll be quite surprised at how very good it is at picking music you will like.

Oh, and it's free with no ads interrupting your play lists either.

THATS THE BEST SITE EVER, THANKS SEAN.

16. Back To Top    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder

THATS THE BEST SITE EVER, THANKS SEAN.
    Hey, I thought TFP was the best site ever!

j/k - Glad you like it. I'm listening to my mix station right now. 8)
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

17. Back To Top    #17

yea, i'm getting all into it right now, first time ever seen it but seems cool. now if I can just get it hooked up to the pool system.

RedishConstruction.com

18. Back To Top    #18
    I'm a sirius junkie. Alt nation, first wave, hair nation lithium, octane, classic rewind.

Country I'd have to listen to from the ipod - I don't like Nashville country
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

19. Back To Top    #19
    I use Pandora and also use SHOUTcast, which has some EXCELLENT European dance and ambient stations on it.
    I also pipe my Sirius Radio out to the pool.
    If I am in the mood I will play MP3's and Ogg Vorbis files and maybe even mix them via the laptop (I have a few different DJ software pagckages but NON of them really give the same feel as mixing from turntables with vinyl...now THAT was DJing!)

20. Back To Top    #20

yea, my brother was a dj for a long time in orlando and tampa... to which I used to frequent A LOT. I think he just recently sold his tables with a tear in his eye but they were in the way of his 'grown up' life... hehe

RedishConstruction.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast