Thinking of a new pump and filter

Aug 12, 2008
Hey gang, reposting this here.
I finally got my pool filled and all hooked up today. I had a leak over the winter where the pool drained to about a foot, so I hired a pool guy to come out and help me find it and neither of us can find it?? He is stumped and so am I. So I just filled it and see what happens. It has seemed to stay at the same level for the past two nights, so I don't know what is going on.

Back on topic, I set up my filter and pump and it is on its fifth season and looking at my equipment I think I may want to redo it all. The sand tank has a leak because I stripped the thread for the drain. I tried everything, but still seems to leak, it is not allot, but it is a leak. The pump started right up, but when I went to back wash, the pumped seemed to jerk and was spinning until it caught. I shut it off and it did it again. So I am thinking about upgrading to some better stuff, before I have problems later on in the summer. Can anyone recommend me a good filter. I mean should I stay with sand or get a cartridge? I like the sand filter, it is pretty easy and I have used them for years (parents home), so I know my way around them.

Now for the pump, I have a pump with a built in timer and I love that feature. But I would like a better pump, maybe a bit quieter, timer would be a bonus. I also need a three prong cord end as my electric is set up for that three prong locking outlet. I guess in short, I want a new set up, I have a ABG Pool and it is 21'. If anyone has any advise, I would love it. Thanks NJ>>

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.