Replacing AG pool liner in two stages

Apr 19, 2008
We are replacing the liner in our 24 round above ground pool for the first time in 14 years. Anyways, could this be done in two stages? I have everything I need to do the job except a day or two of free time. I've already smoothed out the floor, replaced the wall foam and pool cove. All that's left is popping the liner in and filling it up. If I start putting the liner in late Friday afternoon when the sun starts to set, will the liner be ok without water until sunrise on Sat morning, when I put in the vac to help with the wrinkles. I will be watching it closely when the water goes in, but if I can get a jump start on it Friday afternoon that would be ideal.

Welcome to TFP!

When you don't have any water in the pool the walls are not well supported. The water helps hold the walls in place. If the weather was nice overnight and there weren't any significant winds you will be fine. But if it gets windy the walls could blow over.

From the sounds of it, the pool already has no water in it, so in my far from expert opinion, I would say that beats waiting for when you have time to do it in one shot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.