PVC pipe question

Jul 4, 2010
Apple Valley, California
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
See the output port on the Jandy valve in the photo? I need to cut everything off from that Tee downward and put a 2" union on it so I can repipe all the way to the pump. My question is, after i cut the Tee off, that will leave only about a half inch of pipe to glue a 2 inch union onto. Is that enough? If not, I'll have to buy a new Jandy valve and start from the ground up.

Attachments

• IMGP2984-2.jpg
    IMGP2984-2.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 188
I see no Tee that you are referring to (pic is too close I think).

Looks like you will have to replace a lot more than planned due to the lack of free pipe anywhere around that valve.

ALTHOUGH ... you may be able to use a coupler on the outside of the valve to a larger pipe and save the valve.

jblizzle said:
I see no Tee that you are referring to (pic is too close I think).

Looks like you will have to replace a lot more than planned due to the lack of free pipe anywhere around that valve.

ALTHOUGH ... you may be able to use a coupler on the outside of the valve to a larger pipe and save the valve.

Sorry for not being more clear. That fitting on the south end of the valve is a tee. Down goes to the pump, right goes to an old spa line that's not used any longer. I want to eliminate that, and repipe from the valve to the pump.

I will look into a coupler for that port, as you and Jason have suggested. Would that be a 3 inch to 2 inch reducing coupler?

There are reamers available to ream out fittings to accept new pipe. They are a bit pricey in the $50.00 range but, if you have an expensive valve to replace I could be worth it. Just figured I would pass this along.

danpik said:
There are reamers available to ream out fittings to accept new pipe. They are a bit pricey in the $50.00 range but, if you have an expensive valve to replace I could be worth it. Just figured I would pass this along.

Thanks for the tip. I went out looking for 2.5 inch PVC pipe. Neither Lowe's nor Home Depot had any. Not sure where to go next. Maybe online? Dunno?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.