I have a dumb question...

Jun 20, 2009
Princeton, WV
Since the DH decided to drain the pool and clean it this year we now have fresh water. :) Since Sunday I have added 3 bags of shock and 2 pucks, :oops: In order to get my cya up, since it registered 0 when testing. (We have city water). The kids swam alot yesterday and we've had some hot days along with a downpour on sunday.

Here are my results this morning.

FC 0.5
CC 0.5
TC 1.0
TA 60
PH 7.2

I know I need to get my TA and PH up, and some chlorine in there. Should I just assume my cya is still 0 and check it on Sunday(since it takes up to a week to register?)

Thanks!

TA at 60 is nothing to worry about. Consider yourself lucky. pH can be brought up with a little Borax, or from kids splashing. You can't assume CYA is 0 because you added "shock" and pucks. You can use poolcalculator.com to estimate the effects of what you added.

What kind of shock did you add? Anything under 20-30ppm of CYA may show the same on the test. First priority is getting FC up and adding CYA. pH and TA seem fine for now.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.