The Pool Is Open!

crokett

Jul 17, 2007
Hillsborough, NC
thanks for answering a lot of questions. I am about a month late on getting it open, but I started the pump Monday night after getting some plumbing issues fixed. I added the sequestrant and salt Monday night. I started adding CYA, shocked and started the SWG yesterday. Last night after I finished backfilling I decided the water looked really good, so I jumped in.

the pool - I know one of the uprights is leaning. We went away for a few days while I was filling it. It rained while we were gone and I guess there was a little washout. By the time I realized there was a problem it was too late. I will have a deck around the pool next year anyway.

southend.JPG

pump and swg
pump.JPG

I know, but if I have to drain the pool to fix it, that ain't happening. I tried loosening the plastic nut on top and pushing the top rails in, but you can't tighten the nut enough to keep that from happening. Sliding the other rails back and forth didn't seem to make a difference either.

My eye follows the water line around the perimeter of the pool and it looks like one side has the white/brown liner design even with the water line at the far end and well below it at the other, it's hard to gauge the distance but is it a couple of inches?

Hard to tell, not trying to be a jerk, just trying to help.

No. it is off about 1/2" but the camera makes it look like more. When I was leveling the bottom track I tried keeping the earth as undisturbed as possible, but the clay around here gets mushy when it rains enough. I did not want a liner with a pattern like that, for just this reason, but I was over-ruled. :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.