Hot tub in hotel

dorpo75

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 8, 2009
NE Ohio
The hot tub in the hotel at which we are staying has foaming bubbles on the water when the water is churning at any speed. The high speed has a TON of bubbles and foam. Is this normal or should we stay OUT?

I won't get in a pool or spa at a hotel. Knowing what I know now has ruined that.

FYI, some folks here take their test kit with them and test the water before they get in. I haven't done it, but yes I'm that paranoid.

It's most likely just soap from people who didn't rinse/shower off before getting into the tub. Hot tubs usually don't have algicide added to them and in a commercial/public spa it's likely they are just using chlorine directly without any CYA. So if anything, the chlorine will be too strong.

You could not pay me enough to get in a public Hot Tub. Unless you like soaking in strangers urea. And worse...... In my opinion.....STAY OUT

Plus you are counting an a minimum wage person to control the sanitizer in the tub... no thanks. :shock: :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.